Saturday 22 March 2008

Dumbarton on the rise

Well, it should have been a win away at Stenhousemuir today, my sources tell me. The Sons played well, but a second half revival from Stenny evened out an early lead secured by Andy Geggan, who got booked for the celebration. As I nearly did at St James' Park Exeter, when I received the news we were ahead by text. Punching the air to celebrate a lame throw-in against Kidderminster may have looked a bit odd to those around me, as would my yellow and white scarf (the Harriers unfortunately play in yellow and blue away, I discovered), but the Dumbarton mini-revival is pleasing to the soul. Sons might have hoped for more than a 1-1 draw following the 1-0 home victory against 'Muir, but 11 points from six games isn't at all bad, given our previous run of ten losses punctuated by just two victories. Manager Jim Chapman, who will talk to DFC fans after the Stranraer home game next week, is clearly doing something right. First we need three points off the Shire on Tuesday night, however. Meanwhile my holiday in Scotland and three fixtures (two at the Rock one at East Fife) is impending. I can't wait.

[Photo (c) and with acknowledgments to Donald Fullarton. Buy his pics, folks.]

------------

No comments: