Saturday 27 December 2008

Lest your eyes deceive you...

As an addition to my Seasonal routine I've finally updated Only Just Offside to include all of my Dumbarton and Exeter City matchday programme notes since the end of September '08. I won't list them here, but will leave you to scour the site (or the 'posts by category' index for the respective Sons View and Grecian columns) if you're that keen. Hmmnn... thought so. ;-)

In order for me to feel properly up-dated it now remains for me to plug (and add links for) a couple of fellow football scribes in the blogosphere - namely, Sons stalwart Campbell Yule with the caustically entertaining Sonsdiary, and The Grecian editor Mike Blackstone's fine Dark Rock Diaries.

The background to the latter is here, in the Express and Echo newspaper, which Mike also writes for. He has recently penned an acclaimed Grecian Anthology about Exeter City FC. Well worth getting.

Talking of books... the volume which I am co-editing with Graeme Robertson to mark the 25th anniversary of Dumbarton's accession to the SPL (more strictly the Scottish League Premier Division back then) is progressing well, and we still hope to have it available by mid-March '09. That said, a few more fans' memories are required. Watch your inboxes, lads and lasses.

Last but not least, here's a photo to frighten the horses - me (left) with Bigrab (a.k.a. fellow Sons fanatic Robert Ryan), courtesy of his equally well-worth-reading The Ben Lomond Free Press blog. It was taken back in September, just before Dumbarton's last gasp victory against Cowdenbeath at the Rock.

There, that should be enough pluggery and mutual back-scratching to see us all through to the New Year. Though there are still a few more issues to be sorted out on the park before then, of course...
------------

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aw ra best Simon,but I dont think some officials at D.F.C.would agree with your desciption of my blog
Campbell