Saturday 27 December 2008

A journey to the East

Yesterday afternoon I whiled some football time away at Brisbane Road watching my friend Kevin Scully's beloved Leyton Orient fail to achieve their Eastern promise against Swindon Town. The last 15 minutes was pretty exciting, thanks to some controversial refereeing decisions involving a penalty and plenty of shouting. Then, as often happens, the game sprung to life... and juddered to a halt: though not before the Os had grabbed a goal back in a match they never looked like winning, in fairness. The League One scrapping continues in Colchester tomorrow, and I'll be there, too - thanks to a Christmas sojourn in Bethnal Green. Oh yes, that's me on the far left above (taken this time last year), with Kev next to me in the exotic red scarf, an an assortment of his relatives from Australia, and servers from St Matthew's Church, where he's the rector.
------------

No comments: