Friday 24 October 2008

Sons in the Premier League

A publishing plot is being hatched between me, Sons View matchday programme editor Graeme Robertson, the Sonstrust and Dumbarton fans... in the shape of a forthcoming book on our ascent to the Scottish Premier League in the 1980s. The details, including information about how to get involved, are here on the official DFC site. Graeme is doing most of the hard work at the moment, but once the copy starts flowing, I'll be a pretty busy bee too. We will be producing the book in time for the Sportsmans' Dinner on 21 March 2009, all being well.
----------

4 comments:

Fr Kenny said...

Goodness! On a Site named "Only Just Offside" I would have appreciated a comment on the Man Utd/Celtic match on Tuesday, where the Officials seem to need a wee bit of help re the offside rule.

Or do we, of lesser supported teams, not really care one whit what happens in the League of Greed?

Simon Barrow said...

I did leave an outraged comment about this on my Facebook page, but like I said in the post below - the old football writing has been thin recently. Hope you had a good holiday, btw. :)

Fr Kenny said...

Come on! If I were a Dumbarton Fan, this website would be full of praise for wonderfully inspired victories of late! Told you Stevie Murray would do you a turn!

Simon Barrow said...

You are right, right, right....

Soon, I hope. S x