Thursday 3 April 2008

April showers

Dumbarton fans had hoped that our 'mad March' of postponement-based rearranged fixtures might be it. But the advent of British summertime saw further persistent rain leading to a waterlogged pitch at SHS and the second postponement of a home tie against Forfar on 01 April - no fool, this one, though you just have to grin and bear it. The game will now be played on 08 April, the day after I return to England. Ah well. Let's hope the away match on Saturday at high flying East Fife can give the Sons an adrenalin boost which will carry over for three days and see a few more points in the bag before the end of the season. Meanwhile, I spent my Tuesday evening watching the Champions League on the telly. If I'd thought about it, I could have headed off to Hampden to see Queen's Park lose out by the odd goal in five against Cowdenbeath. The pitch there was in rather better shape, as I discovered when I popped in yesterday for another look at the Scottish Football Museum. The picture, by the way, is DFC's Andy Geggan - the bright spark in an otherwise dismal display against Stranraer five days ago.
-------------

No comments: