Tuesday 22 April 2008

The road to glory?

As someone who couldn't exactly be accused of being a football glory hunter, I confess to a twinge of regret that I won't get to see the broadcast of the Liverpool-Chelsea Champions League semi-final broadcast tonight, even if it is on the dreaded ITV. That's because I'm off to see my locals Exeter City take on already relegated and bottom placed Stafford Rangers in their last official home game in the Blue Square Premier. It will be a tense match (the one at St James' Park, I mean) because the Grecians should win, and they desperately need to if they are to get into the promotion play-offs. It would help if Stevenage lost, too. I don't think that will happen. This is one of those nail biters when the inner fitba pessimist in you says, "here's a train wreck waiting to happen". If I was ogling the telly with a cuppa in my hand I wouldn't have so much of an investment... and, er, the game might be rather better. I just hope Exeter play as they did against Aldershot Town. That was a cracking match. As was Liverpool against Arsenal, of course. {The pic is of Jon Challinor, who Exeter lost after the play-off final defeat at Wembley last May. See? Getting myself in the mood...}
------------

No comments: