Wednesday 16 January 2008

Signs of life

Ah well, it was a 3-0 defeat at Love Street, then, and no Fifth Round of the Scottish Cup for Dumbarton this year. (Exeter got knocked out of the FA Trophy, too.) But there are signs of hope for the Sons, my contacts tell me: "[W]e were pretty poor in the first half and probably gave St Mirren a little too much respect, and had a couple of players playing who shouldn’t have been... and I’m sure with hindsight Jim Chapman would agree. Just after half time, [he] made a couple of changes and [altered] the formation to 4-3-3 and had a go. I thought we played very well in the second half, pinning Saints back at times and creating two or three good chances. Positive for me was that JC saw there was a problem, changed it, and managed to get the side to influence the game, something I’ve not seen from the last few managers. Now I'm going to Stranraer far more optimistic that we can get a result and start climbing the table." Here's hoping. And thanks to Tommy Hughes. [Pic (c) and acknowledgements to DFC and Donald Fullarton. Go buy loads of his wonderful photos]

No comments: