Saturday 30 January 2010

Coming up soon...

Well, there was no Peterhead away game today, sadly, after a morning pitch inspection at Balmoor confirmed the worst. The freeze strikes once more. But hopefully the Mighty DFC will be in action at Methil against East Fife next Saturday, pushing for the play-offs. Then it's a run of two home games on successive weekends. Top 'o the pile contenders Stirling Albion are first up, followed by bottom o' the mat strugglers Clyde -- the latter tussle being the one where I'm due to be Match Ball Sponsor to celebrate 40 years as a Sons fan. The actual anniversary was 13 December last year, but due to climactic conditions the party got pooped.

I have my fingers crossed that I might be able to get a few matches in during March as well, when a number of postponed games are due be re-scheduled. I need to be in Scotland for the civil partnership of some friends of ours early in the month, plus I have a number of work-related people to see in Glasgow and Edinburgh... so if Sons end up with fixtures either on the 9th or the 30th (my birthday), I'll be a happy man, other factors willing.
------------

No comments: