Tuesday 6 October 2009

Another agonising twist


Well, for 90 minutes the bookies were on the way to being proved wrong, with Dumbarton looking set to nab at least a draw against SFL Division Two leaders Stirling Albion, having led twice already. But then Martin McNiff was sent off for Sons and the Binos' Scott Robertson grabbed the winner in time added on. Another point or three would have been a tremendous confidence booster after the vital Peterhead win, but it wasn't to be. I have an inkling that we can get something out of the trip to East Fife on Saturday, but missed chances and what often looks like a missing defence are the key problems that have to be addressed. That's how it looks from the far post, anyway. Meanwhile, there's a chance to lift the Stirling Cup against Stenousemuir at Ochilview on Monday 13 October. If I hadn't got a work engagement this weekend, I'd have been very tempted to head north for those two games. As it is, I'm aiming for the Blue Toon at the Rock on 21 November, and have booked for Alloa on 19 December - when I'll be match ball sponsor, celebrating my 40th anniversary as a Dumbarton supporter.
------------

No comments: