Friday 8 May 2009

Rain on their parade? Nah...

I will not be in Exeter tomorrow to witness the Grecians' victorious parade around the town centre to celebrate second place in English League Two and automatic promotion to League One - in their first season back in the football league. That's because I have a prior loyalty and commitment to Dumbarton's Third Division title party at Annan. As a supporter for almost 40 years, I couldn't be anywhere else! But as an Exeter resident for nearly six years now, a strong backer of Trusts (I'm naturally a member of the Sons' one), a regular at St James' Park (when I don't have the time or money to get to Scotland), a writer for the superb programme (well done, again, Mike Blackstone), and someone who naturally cheers my 'local heroes'... well, I'm really chuffed for them, too. What a season it's been! So have a great day, City fans. Oh, and even though, as Pete Martin and the weather forecasts might suggest, there could be laden clouds in the southwest tomorrow, surely no amount of liquid sunshine will dampen the spirits there.  
------------

No comments: