Monday 13 April 2009

Going for the one

So that's a total of four 2-0 victories on the trot, with the latest at home to Berwick Rangers (an 'international' win!) and three coming on the road. Dumbarton are now just one point off Cowdenbeath, who drew against Albion Rovers, and remain serious contenders for the Third Division championship. That is in part due to slip-ups around us, of course. When I last saw Sons at the Rock, against Annan Athletic on 21 March, nothing went right. It was a shocking performance. Since then, nothing serious has gone wrong. Well, apart from Derek Carcary being stretchered off at Berwick, that is. The villain was one John Dillon, an ex-Sons man whose shirt I used to sponsor. Naughty, naughty JD. He was rightly red carded.

If you're a longtime Sons fan, this record run of wins (for 2008-9) is as unnerving as it is encouraging. I will be around for the last two matches of the season. The final one is away at Annan again. Having seen the Mighty DFC lose twice to the Galabankies this season, I think Sons owe me one. Either that, or having me there at all is the kiss of doom. Fingers crossed... keep going, lads! We can still celebrate the 25th anniversary of our ascendancy to the SPL in style. I hope. The accompanying snap, purchasable from (and copyright of) the fine Donald Fullarton, is Ross Forbes' opener against Berwick, from a free-kick.
------------

1 comment:

Fr Kenny said...

Aye! Things are looking good! I might even share a bit in your glory!