Saturday 13 November 2010

Make that a double

Not being persuaded by the bitternesses that can infect some football rivalries, I was equally delighted that Hibernian had managed to overcome Rangers 3-0 at Ibrox the other night as I was to witness Hearts' determined 2-0 defeat of Celtic. A double for Edinburgh!

In public I affect a studied neutrality when it comes to the capital's two largest football teams, though being a Leith resident I'd tip the green way given a choice. To be fair, I even even saw some Jambos applauding that result from Glasgow. If anything unites non-Old Firm football fans up here, it's a win over one of the terrible twins - let alone two in one night. A happy evening for the Athens of the North, then, as the Daily Record noted the next day.

To even the personal score, I hope to get to Easter Road (only a mile away) sometime soon. The midweek opportunity has simply nor arisen yet.
----------

No comments: